Portland State University’s chapter of Beta Alpha Psi Epsilon Alpha would like to invite you to attend an evening of networking with accounting and finance professionals from a wide range of potential employers! For the prospective accountant, Spring Accounting Career Event is not an event to be missed.
When: Wednesday, May 3rd, 3:30-7:30 PM; Student Registration opens on Monday, April 10th at 10 AM.
Where: Oregon Convention Center, Ballroom 251
What is Spring Accounting Career Event?
Spring Accounting Career Event (Spring ACE) is an annual event hosted by Epsilon Alpha, Portland State’s chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, designed to bring professionals and students together for employment opportunities in both 2017 and 2018. For those students looking for employment opportunities in 2017, please feel free to bring your resume to hand to employers! This is a wonderful opportunity for you, a prospective accounting professional, to meet a wide variety of potential employers. With a smorgasbord of firms; from public to private to government, this is an excellent event to connect with professionals!
Sounds good! How do I attend?
Just buy a ticket, get your business professional attire ready, and meet us at the Oregon Convention Center on May 3rd.
I’ve got my ticket! What now?
Here’s some key information:
· Spring ACE is hosted at the Oregon Convention Center in Ballroom 251 on May 3rd, from 3:30PM to 7:30PM. Signs will be posted inside the convention center to help you navigate your way to the event.
· Dress is business professional. This means conservative and well groomed!
· Light food and drink will be available; it is recommended that you eat before arriving.
How about parking?
The convention center offers a pay-to-park structure on-site, and there is plenty of street parking in the area. For more information on parking: Oregon Convention Center Parking and Directions.
Wait… I have more questions.
If you have any questions about the event, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firms currently scheduled to attend:
Employers with Positions Starting in 2017 (Resumes Accepted)
· Creative Financial Staffing
· Delap LLP
· Federal Bureau of Investigation
· Frumenti, Lander & Wallace, P.S.
· Hoffman, Stewart & Schmidt, P.C.
· Irvine & Company LLC
· Kuni Automotive
· Merina & Company, LLP
· Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
· Robert Half International, Inc.
· Talbot, Korvola & Warwick, LLP
· Two Degrees
· Washington Department of Revenue
· Whitworth & Becker, LLP
Employers with Positions Starting in 2018 (Resumes NOT Accepted)
· Aldrich CPAs & Advisors LLP
· Geffen Mesher
· Grant Thornton
· Kern & Thompson, LLC
· Kieckhafer Schiffer & Company LLP
· McDonald Jacobs
· Moss Adams LLP
· Novogradac & Company LLP
· Perkins & Co.
Registration fees are nonrefundable.
Wednesday, May 3rd
· 3:30PM – 7:30PM, check-in begins at 3:00PM. The schedule is outlined below:
· 3:30 – 4:30PM, Professional Networking Workshop
· 5:00 – 5:30PM, BAP award ceremony and officer transition
· 5:30 – 7:30PM, networking with recruiters and professionals
If you have schedule conflicts for a portion of the event, it is OK to come late or leave early; keep in mind that full attendance is highly recommended.
NEW – Resumes will be allowed for students pursuing employment opportunities starting in 2017!
Complimentary refreshments and coat check will be available.
There are several bus and MAX lines, as well as street and garage parking options in the area.
Transportation/parking costs are not included in your registration fee.
Be sure to ask the professionals that you meet for their business cards and follow up with thank you emails within 24 hours!
The mandatory dress code is business professional. All of the following are required for entrance:
· A blazer
· Slacks, knee-length skirt, or knee-length dress
· Blouse or button-up shirt
· Dark socks or neutral hosiery
· Closed-toe dress shoes with a low heel or no heel
Please contact Jennifer Mick at email@example.com with any questions regarding the event.