This is Beta Alpha Psi Epsilon Alpha’s largest recruiting event of the year. The majority of hiring for 2017 accounting internships and entry-level positions occurs during October 2016. Meet the Firms is your chance to develop professional connections before submitting your applications. Be sure to check CareerConnect for individual application deadlines.
At the event you will have the opportunity to network with accounting and finance professionals and recruiters from public accounting, industry, and government. Be sure to ask them any remaining questions you may have before interviews begin!
Students click here to register!
Professionals click here to register!
- Monday, October 3rd
- 6:30PM–8:30PM, check-in begins at 6PM
- Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
The mandatory dress code is business professional. All of the following are required for entrance:
- A blazer
- Slacks, knee-length skirt, or knee-length dress
- Blouse or button-up shirt
- Dark socks or neutral hosiery
- Closed-toe dress shoes with a low heel or no heel
What is Meet the Firms?
Meet the Firms is an annual event hosted by Epsilon Alpha, Portland State’s chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, designed to bring professionals and students together as recruiting season begins. This is a wonderful opportunity for you, a prospective accounting professional, to meet a wide variety of potential employers! With a smorgasboard of firms, from public to private to government, this is the THE event to connect with professionals.
Sounds good! So how do I attend?
Just buy a ticket, get your business professional attire ready, and meet us at the Oregon Convention Center on October 6th.
I’ve got my ticket! What now?
Here’s some key information:
- Meet the Firms is hosted at the Oregon Convention Center in Ballroom 251 on October 3rd, from 6:30PM to 8:30PM. Signs will be posted inside the convention center to help you navigate your way to the event.
- Dress is business professional. This means conservative and well groomed! T-shirts, sneakers, jeans, or anything else outside of business professional will be turned away at the door without exception.
- Light food and drink will be available, though it is recommended that you eat before arriving.
- Please have your ticket ready when you arrive.
- Transportation/parking costs are not included in your registration fee
- Opportunities are skewed toward current students, although 2016 graduates are welcome to attend
How about parking?
The convention center offers a pay-to-park structure on-site, and there is plenty of street parking in the area. For more information on the convention center parking please head here. There are also several bus and MAX lines that come straight to the convention center.
Wait… I have more questions.
If you have any questions about the event please feel free to reach out to, Jennifer Mick, at email@example.com or Kristen Palmer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.