- This event has passed.
William Temple House Lifting Spirits Dinner & Auction
October 21, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm
William Temple House is seeking volunteers to help at our 2017 Lifting Spirits Dinner & Auction on Saturday, October 21st.
This event is critical to William Temple House’s ability to provide low and no-cost mental health counseling, emergency food, children’s school clothing, spiritual care and many other services to the working poor families who come to us for a hand up. Volunteer duties will include registration, parking, photography, silent auction assistant, paddle raise and bid recorders, auction signature gatherer and runner, check-out assistant and event cleanup. Here are the details:
Lifting Spirits Dinner & Auction – Timeline for Volunteers
Saturday, October 21, 2017
· 4:30 pm Volunteers arrive & check-in
· 4:45 pm Volunteer training
· 5:30 pm Doors open; silent auction begins; wine tasting; entertainment
· 6:45 pm Silent Auction closes
· 7:00 pm Dinner service; Live Auction follows
· 9:15 pm Live Auction ends, check-out and distribution of auction items, cleanup
* The volunteer shift will be 4:30pm to 9:30pm (unlike last year’s event, we will not have multiple volunteer shifts). Volunteers are expected to stay for the entire shift.
* Dress for the event is business, cocktail attire. Wear comfortable shoes as most volunteer assignments require standing.
* We will have a 30 minute volunteer training conference call on Tuesday 10/17/17 at 4:00pm (the Tuesday prior to the Lifting Spirits event). Participation is not mandatory, but volunteers are strongly encouraged to participate (there will also be a brief in-person training, immediately prior to the event).
Email Cliff Johnson to sign up!
If you have a preference among volunteer duties listed above, please include that in your email.