Portland State University’s chapter of Beta Alpha Psi Epsilon Alpha would like to invite you to attend an evening of networking with accounting and finance professionals from a wide range of potential employers! For the prospective accountant, Spring Accounting Career Event is not an event to be missed.
When: Tuesday, May 15th, 5:30-7:30 PM
Networking workshop: 4:30 – 5:30 PM | Check in at 4:00 PM
Where: Oregon Convention Center, Ballroom 251
What is Spring Accounting Career Event?
Spring Accounting Career Event (Spring ACE) is an annual event hosted by Epsilon Alpha, Portland State’s chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, designed to bring professionals and students together for employment opportunities in both 2018 and 2019. For those students looking for employment opportunities in 2018, please feel free to bring your resume to hand to employers! This is a wonderful opportunity for you, a prospective accounting professional, to meet a wide variety of potential employers. With a smorgasbord of firms; from public to private to government, this is an excellent event to connect with professionals!
Sounds good! How do I attend?
Just buy a ticket, get your business professional attire ready, and meet us at the Oregon Convention Center on May 15th. Please note that there is $26.50 registration fee for this event.
I’ve got my ticket! What now?
Here’s some key information:
- Spring ACE is hosted at the Oregon Convention Center in Ballroom 251 on May 15th, from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Signs will be posted inside the convention center to help you navigate your way to the event.
- Dress is business professional. This means conservative and well groomed!
- Light food and drink will be available; it is recommended that you eat before arriving.
How about parking/transportation?
The convention center offers a pay-to-park structure on-site, and there is plenty of street parking in the area. For more information on parking: Oregon Convention Center Parking and Directions. There are several bus and MAX lines, as well as street and garage parking options in the area. Transportation/parking costs are not included in your registration fee.
Wait… I have more questions.
If you have any questions about the event, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Firms currently scheduled to attend:
- Cascade Credit Services, Inc.
- Creative Financial Staffing
- Delap LLP
- Fisher Investments
- Geffen Mesher
- Greer Kramer Wallace
- Hoffman Stewart & Schmidt, PC
- Holman Automotive
- Irvine & Company
- KinderCare Education
- Lithia Motors
- McDonald Jacobs
- Merina & Company, LLP
- Moss Adams
- Oregon Society of CPAs
- Perkins & Co
- Robert Half
- Roger CPA Review
- Talbot Korvola & Warwick, LLP
- Two Degrees
Wednesday, May 15th
- 4:30 – 5:30 PM, Professional Networking Workshop
- 5:30 – 7:30 PM, networking with recruiters and professionals
If you have schedule conflicts for a portion of the event, it is OK to come late or leave early; keep in mind that full attendance is highly recommended.
NEW – Resumes will be allowed for students pursuing employment opportunities starting in 2018!
Complimentary refreshments and coat check will be available.
Be sure to ask the professionals that you meet for their business cards and follow up with thank you emails within 24 hours!
The mandatory dress code is business professional. All of the following are required for entrance:
- A blazer
- Slacks, knee-length skirt, or knee-length dress
- Blouse or button-up shirt
- Dark socks or neutral hosiery
- Closed-toe dress shoes with a low heel or no heel
Please contact Willa Maher at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the event.