Beta Alpha Psi invites ALL current Portland State University graduate, undergraduate, and post-baccalaureate students in the academic programs of accounting, tax and finance along with 2017 alumni to our largest recruiting event of the year, Meet the Firms! The majority of hiring for 2018 accounting summer internships and entry-level positions occurs during October 2017. Meet the Firms is your chance to develop professional connections before submitting your applications.
At this event, you will have the opportunity to network with accounting, tax, and finance professionals and recruiters from public accounting, industry, and government. Be sure to ask them any remaining questions you may have before interviews begin in October! While opportunities are skewed toward current students, 2017 graduates are welcome to attend.
Back by popular demand from our Spring Accounting Career Event (Spring ACE), we will host a Networking Workshop to help students prepare and warm-up for the event. The Networking Workshop will begin at 4:30 PM at the Oregon Convention Center!
· Date: Tuesday, October 3rd | 4:30PM–8:30PM
4 PM – Student check-in opens
4:30-5:30 PM – Networking Workshop
6:30-8:30 PM – Networking with the Firms
· Student Registration Fee: $25
· Location: Oregon Convention Center Ballroom 251, 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
· Transportation/Parking: Transportation/parking costs are not included in your registration fee. There are several bus and MAX lines, as well as street and garage parking options in the area.
· Complimentary refreshments and coat check will be available.
· You do not need to be a member or candidate of Beta Alpha Psi to attend!
Meet the Firms’ mandatory dress code is business professional. All of the following are required for entrance:
· A blazer
· Slacks, knee-length skirt, or knee-length dress
· Blouse or button-up shirt
· Dark socks or neutral hosiery
· Closed-toe dress shoes with a low heel or no heel
Firms Registered for 2017 Meet the Firms
· Acumen Financial
· Aldrich Advisors
· City of Portland
· Daimler Trucks North America
· Delap CPA
· Fisher Investments
· Geffen Mesher
· Grant Thornton
· Hoffman, Stewart & Schmidt, PC
· Irvine & Company
· Isler Northwest LLC
· KPMG LLP
· Maginnis & Carey LLP
· McDonald Jacobs
· Merina and Company, LLP
· Moss Adams
· Oregon Secretary of State Audits Division
· Oregon Society of CPAs
· Perkins & Co.
· Roger CPA Review
· Talbot, Korvola & Warwick, LLP
· U.S. Bank
· Van Beek & Company, LLC
We are looking forward to seeing you all at Epsilon Alpha’s 2017 Meet the Firms! If you have any questions prior to the event, please feel free to reach out to our Recruiting Events team at email@example.com (do not reply to this email). Furthermore, feel free to sign up to volunteer for this event. We have various positions open: mobile, usher, check-in, set-up, and tear-down. If you are interested or have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Today for 2017 Professional Headshots! (Sep. 20th, 1-4 PM)
Get your LinkedIn profile professional-ready for this recruiting season!
Beta Alpha Psi is partnering with Kelly Mooney Photography for discounted headshots available to PSU students. Originally $45, Beta Alpha Psi Epsilon Alpha is covering $5 of your fee! You’ll receive a photography session (typically 5-10 minutes), a portfolio of digital proofs to select from, and one edited digital headshot. Check out her previous work at: kellymooneyphotography.com.
· Date: Wednesday, September 20 | 1-4 PM
· Where: PSU Campus Rec – 5th Floor Patio
· Price: $40 (plus Ticketleap fees) – Payment required during registration. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds for this event.
· Register and pay for a session today here: https://bappdx.ticketleap.com/ph17-students/. Only 25 sessions are available for this popular event!
· What to Wear: We highly recommend dressing business professional. You might consider: Blazer, slacks, knee-length skirt, knee-length dress, blouse or button-up shirt, dark socks or neutral hosiery, and closed-toe dress shoes.
If you have any questions about this fantastic event, please feel free to reach out to our Recruiting Events team at email@example.com!